Kitchen Cabinet Drama

So we got a call today from our Sales Rep informing us that our kitchen cabinets are no longer available. We had chosen the Lausanne Cabinet in Cherry Java a flat panel door. It was the most cost effective option for us while still having a modern flare, we didn't want traditional cabinets... Originally we really wanted white cabinets in a shaker style. That option at NVHomes is called New Haven and its very $$$ but made with solid wood. For those building with Ryan Homes, you know that Timberlake also makes a less expensive white shaker called Sonoma which is more in line with our budget.

So we asked our sales rep to find out about getting the Sonoma door instead. In the mean time we got a call from our Stonemark rep, Conor whose been a rock star through the whole process. So we talked about alternative options if the Sonoma door could not work out. So ultimately I really liked the idea of switching to the New Haven Cabinets in Linen White and downgrading our quartz countertops to Luna Pearl a included granite to offset the cost.

After this revelation I called our sales rep to check on the status of the cabinets. He let us know they couldn't do the Sonoma cabinets. However, to make us happy he's trying hard to get the Lausanne cabinets in Cherry Java. So now we don't really want the lausanne cabinets anymore after reconsidering the New Haven cabinets in white. He's being resistant to changing the cabinets now and wants to wait till they hear back from Timberlake. So Im super frustrated now cause I want my white cabinets! :(

Cabinets we would like (New Haven Linen White, Luna Pearl Granite, River House Hickory HW)

Existing: Lausanne Cherry Java/Cloud White Quartz on the far left


Comments

  1. Awesome! I am happy your experience has been great with NV. I will say they were awesome to us as well as went through this process. Although we had a broker, NV was still a pleasant company to work with! They did not treat us any different and I loved that. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using a broker is not a bad idea, I'm sure our experience looking for a house would have been much smoother. Did you get your mortgage from NVR as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did not end up going with NVR. We did consider but we end up with an outside lending company.

      Delete
  3. What they put together for us is a decent deal however I think we may look at other lenders for comparison sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot I just accidentally deleted my entire comment and I was so excited!! Haha anyway I LOVE those white shaker cabinets! I just love the framing around the drawers. I wish ours had that (the Sonoma square ones). And your granite looks similar to our Azul Platino with just a different name. Great choices! ;) and I love that you guys now get white cabinets! Nothing better! And it's so rare to find them in the NoVa/MD area.. Most people choose dark brown, which is beautiful though (my man is still a little bitter LOL) anyway can't wait to follow. Your place is gonna be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed the dark cabinet trend in NOVA/MD also. All the really nice row home renos here in DC are now using white shakers paired with marble or Quartz which is on trend. The Luna Pearl Granite is good enough for now, were happy to make the compromise to get the cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices! The floors are my favorite!! Hopefully they can figure out the cabinet fiasco.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts