Old vs New and our encounter with the Ghost house

One of the topics Chris and I debated over was the decision to buy a older home that needed some work As a designer I was totally into the idea of renovating an older home. I was really searching for a midcentury modern or 70s  contemporary reminiscent of the Brady Bunch house.

The Ghost House
In the early fall we came upon an outdated 70's contemporary with all the charm I was looking for in Bowie Md. The house had it all, a gorgeous plot on top of a hill, 3500+ sq ft and a cemetery right next to the house with direct views into the kitchen. Even though it was a little strange I was willing to overlook it and plant some bushes to block off the view. Chris on the other hand went running the other way and thought I was crazy to even consider buying this house. Ultimately I wasn't going to push it because we both have to love the house. (Since that time ghost house sold for nearly 30k below asking, so congrats to the new owners.)




After debating it back and forth we came to the decision that we sadly didn't have the time to commit to renovating a property. Chris tends to work long hours supporting the family and I am in a demanding graduate program that doesn't give me the time to dedicate towards a fixer upper. So we needed something move in ready so why not make it new?

Comments

Popular Posts