Construction Update - Framing started

On Friday we got our first update email from Aaron our Project Manager.  He let us know that the foundation phase was finally complete and that we were ready for framing. It looks like the house is 3 days behind schedule because of a delay getting an inspection from WSSC (I think this has to do with the water supply. So today we got the great news from our SR that framing has indeed started on the house. Chris and I drove by the house this evening to take photos for the blog. Framing was up for about half the homes including our own. We noticed a badly bent stud near the garage entry, however were totally not worried because they just started and haven't made any adjustment. We'll let Aaron our PM know anyways. 

Overall look of the site
Happy to see to them drywall inside the garage, (Ive seen other homes with exposed  concrete walls


Our funky bent stud

Comments

  1. Nice (minus the bent stud)! Like you, I wasn't worried when we noticed minor issues, but I couldn't help myself but to still make our PM aware of it. LOL I figured we can never be too safe than sorry. What an exciting time for you both! You'll see just how fast it'll come together and then you'll tell yourself, "Holy cow, I have a house!" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, at the end of the day it's going to be our house and I'm not afraid to say if something doesn't look right. We're really excited, after our visit last night we drove around the area and had dinner at a local restaurant to get a vibe of our new community. So far so good, feels very charming.

      Delete
  2. It's so cool to see the framing started. Good idea to bring up the bent stud. I'm sure your PM would've taken care of it but it's better to make him aware of it earlier while it's still easy to fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've been looking at the other townhouse blogs (including yours) to get an idea of the process and timeline. It goes really fast.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts