Construction Update - Starting to take shape

We stopped by the house today and we were really happy to see tons of progress. Its starting to look like a house. The I-Joist supporting the 3rd floor are now complete and the trusses supporting the roof are up. I also noticed the oak stairs are in place so we'll probably be able to tour soon. However, we're disappointed to see the bent stud still standing so I'll be keeping an eye on that. 

We have also been told to expect our pre drywall meeting to happen mid June. So I went ahead and booked an inspector. 



The block of townhouses

Our house, check out the intricate trusses

The stairs

A rainbow on the way to visit the house


Comments

  1. I'd be patient on the fixes that need to be made. All of ours were made just a day or two before the insulation went in. It seems to be their way. They wait until it's all done then fix it all at once. I'm amazed you didn't go in. Those stairs would have been calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to go in but Chris likes to follow the rules so we'll have to wait.

      Delete
  2. Your house is coming along great! With the stairs in you may even be able to walk through this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Owen -- weren't you considering a home automation kit? I just saw Micro Center put several different kits on sale, about $30-60 off regularly priced kits. Same thing that Nick that's building the Ravenna bought.

    Here's one:
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/445497/Home_Automation_Starter_Kit
    and here's another:
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/445498/Home_Automation_Starter_Kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks for pointing this out. I will check it out

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! It is going so fast! I know you both are super excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a pleasant surprise to see the progress. We're excited, it will be a relief once we move in. For now we're just enjoying the summer and spending time with friends/family.

      Delete
  5. So excited for you, it's coming along so quickly! Sometimes I forget that we are even having a house built because I'm not around to check up on the progress the way you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I think it's a blessing in disguise that your away, sometimes I wish I could forget about it. We've been a little nervous lately because it's been raining all week here. Hopefully your SR has been updating you with photos and keeping you involved in the process.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts